Customer Review

Reviewed in the United States on November 22, 2016
Yes this works to hook up a stereo receiver with only RCA input to a 2016 Samsung KS 8000 UHD TV. which doesn't have RCA cable output! Those were the exact words I was looking for when I was trying to figure out which converter to buy out of the dozens of choices and untold apparent issues regarding whether it can decode 5.1 audio or Dolby Digitial output down to a 2-channel receiver. OMG. Well guess what, this unit can through the Optical port. But the overall issue of what works with which TV is very confusing to for a layperson! So this TV does have Dolby digital 5.1 output. And the Optical Output option will work: Maybe that port doesn't send a Dolby signal? I don't know.

It's quite simple: the optical output port with the optical cables attach to the TV side of the converter and the RCA cables from receiver attach to the opposite side of the converter. I had to fool around with the TV settings and that's probably the tricky part: Here's what worked: Go into Settings----Sound----Select Speaker= "Audio Out/Optical" ---then -- Expert Setting -- HDMI Audio Format= "Bitstream" --- Audio Format = "PCM".

That should do it!

It's a small unit of good quality. And they offer a 30 day return and 24 hour customer service (which I didn't need). Mainly,though, it works and I don't have to go out and buy a Soundbar or bluetooth speakers, so I'm happy!
168 people found this helpful